Sunday, April 10, 2005

I heard it is National Poetry Month in the US and so I will need to step up to the plate before the month is out. Must be because it's also my birthday month. There is also a new Poet Laureat in the US and whereas I have forgotten his name I know it's not me. How could it be? I haven't touched a poem in a long time. But it's been on my mind though. It pays $35,000.00 a year and you get an expense account of, I think, $5000.00. That'd be okay as long as it's part time and I can continue to work. Otherwise I'd not be interested unless I could weasel out some kind of graft or similar type of corruption that would help it pay better. I'll work on it and start boning up on my poeming in the meantime.

4 Comments:

Blogger Peg said...

I second the motion and of course the money would be nice, not to mention the celebrity corner and all the vacations and book store adds you would be engaged in and of course maybe the possibility and of course would be negotiable, me being your agent!! ;-) Yes, you heard that right, I would accept the position of being your agent...I know it's a tough job but someone has to do it and yes, I would be willing to volunteer!

:0) :0) :o) :o) hehehehe...love them poemy poems!!!

9:22 AM  
Blogger Sara S said...

Hello all!!

I'd just like to say that i'm back and by no means am I advertising, but I would like you all to pass by my new blog http://lostanthology.blogspot.com

I will be repost all your links again if that's okay, if not let me know i'll remove them. I just want you all to check and see if they're okay and if you have new ones PLEASE tell me, and I will post them.

Hugs to all in the bunch

and yes poemster poems need to return!

1:35 AM  
Blogger Peg said...

Hi Poemy,
Thank you for the salute about Maynard! It is finally happening! And summertime is a wonderful time to promote, can even take the girls with me if they wish!!

Keep an eye on your snail mailman, won't be long atall!!!!!!!! :-)

Thanks again for all your support!!

PS, I think I emailed you about my intentions toward my ex-illustrator, well, lessons learned have been the deciding action and I'm finally at peace with it!

Sail on!
;-)

7:33 AM  
Blogger boabhan sith said...

Where does one apply for that?

LOL...I'm up for it, it's more than I'm making now.

;)

6:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home