Wednesday, June 23, 2004

Poemster Q & A:

I've prepared a list of the questions that you would ask if you were asking them.No one actually asked any of these like I asked you to a while back so I'm just acting like someone asked them. Of course now they have the added benefit of being as selfserving as I want them to be.Don't blame me.

(whisper)
We caught up with Rob at his home in southern Vermont
to ask some questions about the_poemster blog he recently started as well as to get some insight as to it's success.The interview takes place on the front porch of the 1800's farmhouse.



Q:Why did you pick the name the_poemster?

A: In 1980 I bought a BMW R100S motorcycle it was the perfect bike for me,very well rounded.I could take it to the store up the road or point it at California and go.It did everything well.
Part of me however wanted to get a Harley Davidson though, and at the time they had a special model called the roadster.So this may be as close as I get to the "roadster".

Q: Thats it,huh?

A: That's it,sorry.I'll post some pics one day.I wish I still had that bike.

Q: Why did you start this blog and in the manner you did?

A: I would like to make the analogy of nonsense to cholesterol,the ratio of HDL to LDL more specifically equals total cholesterol.Good nonsense and bad nonsense equals total nonsense.
It is hard to lower the bad nonsense level so I have chosen to raise the good nonsense level to compensate.Self-preservation measure if you will.Balance,I like balance.
The manner in which I started was done so as not to wait around for anyone to notice me.Sort of wad it up and throw it on someones desktop.If I were physically there that's what I might have done.The small fish in a big pond.The poem was unobtrusive,if someone took offense I could rationalize not caring too much,it was meant to spark curiosity and if the recipient felt like responding they could.Again,only approximately 10% returned the poem.

Q: Alright so you've been noticed and things look like they are going well,now what?

A: Keep going under the same premise that I started under.I really want to be less judgemental and more understaning of others.I do want to question everything I know and everything I'm told is the truth.From religion to politics to societal matters I need a clean slate.When Jehovah's Witness shows up at my door it's partytime.Hey,it's my turf I didn't come to you.(come to think about it I haven't seen them in awhile,hmmmm I wonder why)
I never want to be rude or disrespectful but if someone insists I will accomodate them.Most of the time it comes from someone who mistakenly thinks they are superior to me in some way.Maybe it's their zipcode or title that has clouded their thinking but it's no excuse.Other times they think they can give me the same line of shit they've been giving everyone else so successfully for the past year.Whatever,most of the time it's actually fun dealing with these people,quite comical in fact.

Here, I will keep taking the first step in order to let others know they will be afforded the same treatment I like to get.How many times do you go to a get together and nobody is listening to each other?They are all vieing to speak over each other,cut each other short.Here we don't have that,it's nice.Our souls are here, they transcend our bodies,I'll hazard a guess and say it 's not just me who feels this.Our hearts are here too,hey we're the 5% (some of the ten aren't too verbal)who came in the first place.Our minds translate,organize and type and send what it's told to by the other two.(alright so I'm handicapped but I gotta lot of heart and soul to make up for it and I don't mind at all)

Look,bloggin and bloggers are funny.If it folds up tomorrow we still did something while we were here.I really wonder about the sustainability of such a thing and I will not put that kind a pressure on it.It was created in good fun and that's it, however sometimes it's not all fun so I do want to say whatever anybody that's here wants to come and talk about is fair game.If your distraught or confused or angry or having a bad or good or whatever you should feel welcome.I have broad shoulders and even though I go on and on ad infinitum, I am a real good listener and I know you all are too.Did that answer your question?

Q: zzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzz huh? wha?

A;Did that answer your question?

Q: I'll ask the questions.I'm the Q.

A:OK

Q:You have said you are learning from everyone here,what are you learning?

A: I have for a very long time not invested anytime in having friends so I haven't had any(excluding my family),you know that bothersome "call when you need something routine gets old quick."I differentiate between acquiantances and friends and like I said I did not invest the time.So I'm learning I am not a lost cause and whereas I'm not saying we're gonna be swappin spit in the shower I am investing some time now and this might also help dismantle the wall that I spent so much of my life building.My wife and especially my kids have gotten off on good start on that front.
I sense we as group have moved past the me me me phase and are into the we we we thing.It's a better place and it will be interesting to see where it goes.This is the most important but not the only thing I'm learning,some just comes in the form of validation of ideas that I have.Validation is something we all like and can be very helpful.

Q:You also said you didn't want to be political or bitchy but I think you have been both,what gives?
(to be cont)

10 Comments:

Blogger Peg said...

Well, crappadooda! (girls are watching ;-) Why is it that all the good shows and stories are always being continued especially at the best parts!? :-{...But I know, you can't keep a good man down! And that concludes my guestimation! See ya! ;-)

11:15 AM  
Blogger rob said...

I was tired it was 12:04 and I just typed (cont) and shut everything down including me.
I will pick up where I left off asap.

12:09 PM  
Blogger Peg said...

Give up the day job and conclude this interview...i am losing sleep here! ;-)

9:30 PM  
Blogger anna said...

I love my poemster-rob-guy.
He's the coolest poemster-rob-guy on the planet.
Everybody needs one.

12:03 AM  
Blogger rob said...

I would say at this point the_poemster's got a posse
but it's not true,nope, the posse got a poemster

6:22 AM  
Blogger rob said...

A: I don't know if poems about happy things all the time is sustainable.I don't know if it is even desirable,and given the fact that there is a very large elephant in the room I thought I would take the plunge.I did not express views either way as to my personal persuasions politically.
As far as being bitchy goes,if this is to be a sanctuary for my friends I will impose no restrictions on my friends emotions.Come in, flop down,put your feet up and let loose.If it's from your heart I'm interested.
I don't want to come across as a know it all.I know alot but I am not garranteed that any of it is right.My wife says I'm full of myself and I usually say "that's a good thing right?" I wouldn't want to be full of anyone else.I'm kind of partial to me at this point.I get along good.
I don't know what lifes about,I don't know why we are here,I see no evidence of any "big plan",if there are repercussions from not having blind faith in something, oh well, I'll face that too and take responsibility for it,I'm sure.I don't believe one would be able to hide the doubt from one so powerful even though they chose to hide it from themselves,so I just admit it up front.
Man just manipulates everything for his own purposes so he's not credible in my view.That is why I like to say I know nothing,it lends to my credibility.Attach a single word made up by man(any man,any language) to a relationship between a creator and created and it is spoiled for me.I get more in tune when I am out on a lake in the midst of creation,it is then I believe it could not have just happened by evolution.Just contemplating the inner workings of my own body and I think the same way.It is not because I say it or explain it, it is because it just is.
There is nothing to manipulate here, nothing to be gained,no money, no power.It is pure.One to one.I still do not understand it but who does,I've asked alot of people alot of questions with nothing but conflicting views.Thanks man,thanks for nothing you bs artist you.I like saying I don't know.It is truthful.
I am finding I am bits and pieces of all of you.We have similarities and differences and if we can procede from an area of common ground we can always retreat to that place (system save?)in times of disagreement.What we say means less than what we do on this earth.

Q:So, do you think you can save humanity?

A:No,I don't think that at all but one needs to decide which side of the equation one wants to be on.First of all I want to say there is no end to my silliness,just to make that clear. I am way overstocked and that is why I am flooding the market with unheard of prices here.No interest or payments until 2010.
So,I have adopted the hipocratic oath in most things things I do.
"First,do no harm"(unless your a bug)Good rule!
We have gone too long without an analogy so I'll express it this way.
Racing on a track at speed.
If you are driving at racing speeds on a twisting turning road course you cannot look directly in front of you,you will crash.You pick a series of points far enough ahead that you must head for.It's a little more complicated than that due to the fact that you must somehow however be aware of the road surface directly in front of you(potholes etc. devastating!).Come out the turn pick another point and so on.
The world is moving fast and we will be past tomorrow in a heartbeat it's too late for tomorrow.
A dialogue started now should pick a point far enough into the future so that a reasonable effort can be realized in getting there.When I see the type of thoughtful young adults I see waiting in the wings that I have seen of late you can understand why I'm am becoming more and more hopeful.They're on to us adults and calling us on it.And we're caught with are pants down.I love it.I don't want them to bridalled in any way by any constraints imposed by history or status quo or because someone has a vested interest in the outcome.

I will spend no time criticizing any one person,or group of people.too fruitless.I instead choose to condemn an entire "system" or more appropriately a "non-system".
Let's stop riding on an old patched up inner tube,I'm not comfortable with it.

I think I will end this contrived Q and A.It was fun and different so it was me for a while but Peg is losing sleep and I don't want that.Besides it doesn't mean I'll stop going off anytime soon so if you want to ask me anything the offer still stands.These are just my opinions and thoughts on matters that matter to me so don't take anything I say too seriously or let it bug you.If it does I prescribe one of those coffee enemas(try the decaf) I linked to and then call me in the morning. (in the same orifice I would like to say I am an asshole by the way,but I'm trying to quit so bear with me)it is not meant to indoctrinate anyone, I like you all just the way you are and I just can't say enough about you all as a group and as individuals.
Thanks for listening(assuming you did)
thesilly_poemster

10:35 AM  
Blogger rob said...

I'm standing on a rooftop now.

INKY'S HOME!!!!!!!
YEEEEAAAAAA!!!!!!!

10:51 AM  
Blogger anna said...

You are my sunshine
My only sunshine
you make me happy
when skies are gray/grey!
You'll never know, dear
How much I love you
Please don't take my sunshine away.

2:46 PM  
Blogger rob said...

I can't promise that I won't go away. If I suddenly disappear you'll know I wrong about a few things,wink wink.OK? You might want to learn from my mistakes and go to church or something.

3:19 PM  
Blogger boabhan sith said...

Or something!
(smiles)

4:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home