Friday, October 07, 2005

Geez, there is a half inch of dust over everything here at thepoemster blog. I've managed to go the whole summer without posting anything and now the leaves are turning the lemon yellows and orange oranges remeniscent of a bowl of Trix cereal. It's been rather warm for this time of year in VT and I've been working my tail off playing catch up and not fully able to enjoy all the state has to offer in the way of recreation. Although I did manage to paddle around the lake a few times in a canoe that some nice clients thought enough of me and my work to give to me since they had no use for it. I'd have liked to use it more often but I'm trying hard to build up my business by accomplishing as much work as possible. By doing more jobs the word of mouth can kick in and hopefully establish me as the first best choice for any and all remodeling needs. I've met some nice people and have had largely enjoyable business deaings with all of them. All of the work I'm happy to say has exceeded the expectations of the clients and everyone paid me in full except for one woman whom I did a stone fireplace for. She gave me more than I billed her for and wrote in note that "I was a true artist". The money is always nice but appreciation can go along way to making life and the working world more enjoyable.

4 Comments:

Blogger Sara S said...

Appreciation and respect always tend to come at a higher price than any job bill...glad to hear you're more than succeeding in all aspects of a job

Sara

9:24 AM  
Blogger Peg said...

Happy fall, Rob! It is so good to see you and everything in an upward direction!!

Weather has changed drastically here too, but we are in the unpredictable north, aren't we!?

Keep sailing on canoe or otherwise and many blessings!!

8:35 AM  
Blogger Dream Owl said...

Too bad you live way up there...we'd hire you for some of our stuff down here. We're doing most of it on our own.

3:49 PM  
Blogger MiKe said...

Hey Rob,

How is everything ? I was absent for quite a while but I think I'm back with my poetry now. As a news update I'm now a freshman at university. Take care.

6:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home