Friday, July 09, 2004

Rooster Restoration

A couple of posts ago I told you of the carved wooden rooster that was in need of a restoration and at the same time I thought I would restore myself as well. Remember I was born in the year of the rooster so I'll be Rooster numero uno.

Wooden Rooster
The wooden rooster needs to be cleaned,some of the wood has a rot and is so soft it will not hold paint.Much of the paint is missing and certain parts of the feet have broken off and have not been kept so I will have to fashion replacement parts.I will then attach the parts and deal with the rot with a product that will harden the wood by seeping into it and drying.This will fix that problem.Splits in the wood will be handled with auto body filler.Then I will sand the bird,prime and paint it.It should provide many years of service guarding the chicken coop at my sister's farm.

Rooster Numero Uno
I need a point in time to restore to so I will pick age 25.It is a reasonable goal I feel.I weigh about ten pounds more then I did then.I think that's actually good I am 165 pounds now.I would not have minded being 165 back then at all.I found it hard to gain weight actually.I can pinch an inch though so I will address this issue.
My hairline has receded enough that I now shave my head because I don't like doing things halfway and I didn't want "half hair" so I opt for "no hair".All or nothing hair care I guess.People inform me it is a good look for me and I get inundated with "you look like Bruce Willis".
Bruce called me and said he has been hearing "you look like that poemster guy." If I ever need a stand in maybe I could call him.

From time to time I could use a little "wood hardener" myself but hey, I'm forty-seven you know and I live a ways from the nearest hospital so I'd be a little nervous.We'll see ,I'm sure that "wood" deserve a separate post with a higher rating no doubt.
Alright so far so good.I work physically so I am in good shape and it's hard to believe I need to exercise but I do need to work on my inner workings.I will work on my cardiovascular and check my cholesterol.Recently my blood preesure has been up from my usual 120/80. Not much but I think I'll do something right now.
Cholesterol was always good but I will check that soon and see if I need to do anything there as the acceptable level guidelines have been lowered .

8 Comments:

Blogger boabhan sith said...

LOL...not to preach a sermon...but don't forget about that good ol' prostate! I'm a nursing student here and I have seen first hand when I took care of my grandpa who was dying from prostate cancer. It's good to know that some men like you at least go to the doctor to get checked out. ...Now if I cna just get my husband to go see the damned doctor, lol.
Anyway, remember that men should start having their prostate checked by age 30, because if you wait until the symptoms show...then you've waited too long.

7:48 PM  
Blogger rob said...

Oh yea I'm due for that too.Doc did the ol check two years ago.He didn't even kiss me first.I'm really looking forward to the colonostomy too.But seriously thanks for the professional advice Boabvan.

8:05 PM  
Blogger boabhan sith said...

LOL, I can't help it. I know it drives my husband insane. And if you want to spell it like it's pronounced it's Bovan She (boabhan sith).
Anyway, if you ever need medical advice...my entire family is medical in one way or another...I can find out just about anything. hehehe

9:01 PM  
Blogger Nicman said...

OK I'm not sure I should even go there......But I hear ya Robster, I just had a physical and my cholesterol is just a tad high, but the B.P. is great. We gettin old man, but still running. A little maintanence is always a good thing. Enjoy!



hehe

10:54 PM  
Blogger rob said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

7:44 AM  
Blogger rob said...

Not good to inform me of anything that drives anyone nuts because I'm a tad rogue myself.Actually I think I was the one who changed the boy scout motto to "a scout is rogue".Boabhan Sith Boabhan Sith.I think I've got it.Do you know that I always get confused to this day about the top and bottom of the inning in baseball.

It's funny I found an old fishing tackle box that I hadn't used since we moved up to VT.In it were picture of me when I was young in Bermuda,at Motorcycle races,of my bike that I had just rebuilt(I was a little hard on them and myself for that matter)and with my old girlfriend(probably why they were in the box).I had been wondering where they were.I will post some before and after pics.

Inky you're reading really impressed upon me something that was already in the works but know even moreso so thanks to you for taking the time to do it.

Yea nic, we are getting older and it's my kids fault because I still feel like I am nineteen but I see they are getting big and so ipso facto I am getting old.I'm going to see what I can do to be around for awhile.I don't want to miss any big events or little ones for that matter.I'm a little smarter than I was when I was nineteen.

7:47 AM  
Blogger Peg said...

hey there you "bald" eagle! just wanted to fly by and say 2 thumbs up to ya...
-the little girl down the street

3:59 AM  
Blogger rob said...

Permission to buzz the tower ALWAYS granted Peg.

8:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home