Sunday, July 04, 2004

I've tried to get around the Happiness X 2 thing and I really can't it's just too vast and complicated.So, I choose to cleave it in half instead.Basically it is Happiness x 1 squared.
I did a post on divorce on my anniversary (makes perfect sense,right?)(I know I'm wierd)
and it basically said that the men I knew who were served papers were surprised and didn't know it was coming.I flippantly said basically that not a day goes by when I would be overly shocked by this event.Why not,is it because I'm a jerk or something?No,not because I am a jerk,that's just incidental, but it is because I know I can never "make someone happy".Maybe for short while every now and then but not full time till death do us part.You are responsible for your own happiness.
All I can say is that communication is one of the keys to keeping tensions down till the next situation comes along.
This blog has been a contentious issue in our house for reasons you can guess.Everyone doesn't like it,well not all of it and I have to understand that so I will have to compromise somewhere or show her where it's not all bad.It has a cathartic effect for me and besides I like it,it stimulates my mind and it is helping me on all sorts of levels.Right now it is my only "hobby" and I have never been without a hobby since I've known her.It's "trickle down" happiness if you will.You think that'll fly?
There are two sides to a story and you owe it to each other to try to understand the other side.

The Water is Wide (traditional)

The water is wide
I can't cross Over
And neither have
I wings to fly
Build me a boat
That can carry two
And both shall row
My love and I
There is a ship
And she sails the sea
She's loaded deep
As deep can be
But not so deep
As the love I'm in
I know not how
I sink or swim
Oh love is handsome
And love is fine
The sweetest flower
When first it's new
But love grows old
And waxes cold
And fades away
Like summer dew
Build me a boat
That can carry two
And both shall row
My love and I

The version I have is sung by James Taylor on NEW MOON SHINE cd
He does a pure unembellished version and that I think the song needs.
The musical arrangement is equally simple but beautiful and lets the lyrics take the stage
I absolutely love it.

No more SUNDAY SERMONS as I do not want to be flippant about religion in any way.

Peace
Rob





1 Comments:

Blogger boabhan sith said...

Happy 4th!...from the Rogue and I!
Amen, preacher.

11:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home