Wednesday, June 30, 2004

My to do list:

I'm going to finish that house post when I can link to the photos (you know kind of like a real blog)that I will store on a website.I will need a little time to set it all up.I want to tie it all together with the new project and how they relate to each other.

I need to get my wife involved or else I'm going to have some impending doom.Skies have been changeable for a couple of weeks.Blue Black Blue Black and some grey .Get that song I told you about.Hey Rogue and Scoobydubious is this a good idea?Bet is is,huh?The family that blogs together..... I think she should but I'll have to suggest it and see. It is one of the two things I told you about previously.

Commend everybody for creating spaces that I love to come to and whenever I feel I can say something appropriate I guess you know I'm over my shyness stage so I will.I am learning to comment in ways that I hope cannot be misconstrued.I know the effort your putting in so I don't want you to feel unnoticed or leave you wondering wether your post or thoughts were "good".I really don't want to come across as too self-important and I hope I don't.Again balance is good here too.I'm learning alot and it is my nature to be giving if somebody can make any use out of what I have.

I find this medium lends itself to misinterpretation sometimes and for that fact I would ask for a little more slack.I will be forgiving too.True intent can't be cleared up always fast enough for example I just changed this post (it sat overnight however in full view)because I felt something wasn't coming across on a lite enough tone (tone is impossible to accurately detect and so is left up to the interpretation of the reader)and I would understand if someone took it the wrong way,especially since I think we collectively have heightened sensitivity (I know I do) levels.I type something, send it out and then I think more about it,sometimes I catch it sometimes not.I need to work on it.The comments themselves have to be deleted and redone and that's messy.I never ever in my life had a taste for teasing or berating anybody for any reason,and I won't be starting now.I do believe that everybody equally deserves respect and compassion and forgiving.In fact, I despise teasing it and have been drilling my kids about this very issue hoping they don't succumb to it.I didn't really get teased much but never the less I don't like it."If I fall behind wait for me." "I promise I'll wait for you."

I really like everybody here an awful lot and I can't explain it so I won't.I just want to say that if I feel something has "broken down" between anybody and myself it's fair to tell you I'm coming after you to see if I can repair the damage,not once, not twice but till you tell me to buzz off.I won't dog anybody though,please be honest and forthcoming and I will do the same.I won't take the chance of a misunderstanding affecting anything and this goes for all or any of you. You are all very important and I see too many good things happening that YOU all are creating to give too easily.Quitting something shakes me to my core and I won't do it lightly.

Lastly,I don't think I will be participating in any debates.I like them butI think this medium doesn't lend itself well because of the time lag thing.I'll admit to being a very competitive person but I do not want to win anything.If anybody would however like to restructure the format in a way that is more suitable to online useage I think that would be cool.I like more of a problem resolution approach myself with some good ole common ground seeking.It's only a suggetion and really we can do whatever you want or not.
It's also quite possible I would be more comfortable if we were running this country especially if MiKe would come around a little more.

Anyway there's even more to do but this enough for now.

Ohana baby!
Rob

11 Comments:

Blogger Sara S said...

WHAT IS IT, WHAT IS IT, WHAT IS IT?!?!?

11:32 AM  
Blogger rob said...

I've been thinking about my song of the day and the relevance to things of late.I risk alot by telling everyone this but I'm a Bruce Springsteen fan.
Song "If I Should Fall Behind"
Lucky Town is the cd.
I played it at our wedding.
Good song
Our wedding song was "Into The Mystic" by VanMorrison
Good song
I was a little jealous today some motorcyclists went down RT 100 today nice little red racing style japanese bikes.
They dropped down a couple gears and passed a car and peeled off around a real sweeper of a turn at a good clip.The sound was nice.I was riding a riding lawn mower.At least I was riding,right.

11:45 AM  
Blogger rob said...

Hi esse,
Looks like I just missed you.I'm building another house I want to tell you about.I'm going to take some pics of some of the work I've done here in town.I'm only going to e-mail them to anyone who's interested so let me know.Alright back to work.
Rob

11:49 AM  
Blogger anna said...

I wanna see houses!

12:14 PM  
Blogger Nicman said...

Hey Rob,

Here's to you....(did't I put this on your Wedding Tape? Wait.....did I make you a Wedding Tape??? LOL)

If I Should Fall Behind........Bruce Springsteen

We said we'd walk together baby come what may
That come the twilight should we lose our way
If as we're walkin a hand should slip free
I'll wait for you
And should I fall behind
Wait for me

We swore we'd travel darlin' side by side
We'd help each other stay in stride
But each lover's steps fall so differently
But I'll wait for you
And if I should fall behind
Wait for me

Now everyone dreams of a love lasting and true
But you and I know what this world can do
So let's make our steps clear that the other may see
And I'll wait for you
If I should fall behind
Wait for me

Now there's a beautiful river in the valley ahead
There 'neath the oak's bough soon we will be wed
Should we lose each other in the shadow of the evening trees
I'll wait for you
And should I fall behind
Wait for me
Darlin' I'll wait for you
Should I fall behind
Wait for me

10:20 PM  
Blogger Zerosleep said...

gah, kristin and i are still trying to come up with a wedding song. at the rate we're disposing of them, we're going to be chosing the night before. other than that, everything is done. the dress is bought, the minister is contracted, and the hall is as well. just need to wait till it's time to send the invites, and then that's it till we're walking down the aisle. only another 359 days till the wedding.

10:29 PM  
Blogger rob said...

It was on the tape nicman,it's a good reminder, I play it and I remember.
I also like in "No Surrender" I learned more from a three minute record,baby,than I ever learned in school.

I'm sure the food will be excellant PB what are you planning?
You'd be proud of me I made these eggplant parcels they're called.Thinsliced EP with a slice of tomato and fresh mozzarell with fresh basil, seasoned with fresh pepper and sea salt.Fried in extra virgin olive oil.They were good.I saw all the pics you put up.I love the fact that you really care about what your doing.I just know "good enough" isn't oft used around your kitchen.

6:33 AM  
Blogger rob said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

6:36 AM  
Blogger rob said...

It was on the tape nicman,it's a good reminder, I play it and I remember.
I also like in "No Surrender" the line "I learned more from a three minute record,baby,than I ever learned in school."Everyting's curriculum in "The College".

I'm sure the food will be excellent PB what are you planning?
You'd be proud of me I made these eggplant parcels they're called.Thinsliced EP with a slice of tomato and fresh mozzarell with fresh basil, seasoned with fresh pepper and sea salt.Fried in extra virgin olive oil.They were good.I saw all the pics you put up.I love the fact that you really care about what your doing.I just know "good enough" isn't oft used around your kitchen.

6:37 AM  
Blogger Peg said...

Just climbed out of my skin and my eyes bulged! ;-)
wow, have i missed tons!!! Not a clue, but will be catching up and yeah I want to see houses, and food, and weddings, too! WOW!!!!
Nicman, coming in to see you too!
And since I know absolutely nothing about anything cept posting, I can't wait to see what you are talking about tooooooooooooooo! :-);-)
and Inky, your hugs are felt world wide...don't by any means, spare em! ;-)
And to poemster's cherished lady, I know you've got to be one special kinda lady (I could learn from) to be married to this special kinda gent! Hope to be seeing you too!

8:40 AM  
Blogger Lisa said...

Thanks for you kind comment, Rob. So sweet. I like that you now have the blog going, but I rarely have time to look into the gazillion comments. Everyone here is awesome. You've done a great thing going.
Inky, you are truly a diamond in the rough.

9:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home