Thursday, October 14, 2004

I love my kids birthdays better than my own.

We celebrated Tommy's eighth birthday yesterday and he got some good stuff.
Of course he wanted more.This is the part I don't like.But I understand it especially because he is a kid.I guess everybody always wants more but it's just that kids aren't adept at curbing emotions.Heck, I think kids are raw emotion.It bothers me because if it doesn't ruin the happiness it certainly taints it sufficiently.Hey maybe I'm expecting too much(wanting more) of children because it does bother me(not happy).

Oh well,Caroline's birthday is next week and then there is Christmas to look forward to more unhappiness and unfulfilled gift lists.Oh joy!

How do you convince kids that they have it pretty good?

5 Comments:

Blogger Peg said...

I feel I have been pretty lucky...my girls have not done that, "I want this thing!" especially the things shown on TV...and they have not done, "I gotta have these types of shoes" and etc. But then again, they don't primp out either and not that they look messy or anything but they definitely are not your fashion flares "extraordinares"...and I guess that's my fault to a certain extent, cause mom is not really as fussy as she should be about herself I suppose, but what ya gonna do...and my girls get more into bugs and reptiles and dirt and things that girls are not supposed to like, hmm...I wouldn't worry to much I believe it's an age thing...it will be okay...
You don't think I should worry do you? Good Lord, another thing to worry about!! ;-)
love ya, Poemy!! just a yanking a little to the left today!! ;-)
And I thought you said Caroline's b-day was today!!?? I am sooooooooo confused....:-0

8:11 AM  
Blogger boabhan sith said...

I don't think you can convince them they have it good...it'll be when they get out on their own that they look back and think, "damn, I wish I could go back...it was good!"
Happy Birthday to your little ones...I turn 26 on Sunday...Whoo-hoo!
;)
October Birthdays are the best anyway...hehehehe

11:36 AM  
Blogger rob said...

Hi Peg,
Caroline's bday is Monday.So it will be better because she was jealous of Tommy getting presents.You can imagine I'm sure.Next year we celebrate the two birthdays on a day in between and maintain relations here and hopefully some peace too.

10:09 PM  
Blogger Sara S said...

as an only child, everyone always thought i was spoiled. i'm not going to lie, i was, in the sense that i had allllllllllllllll my parent's attention.

and yes, there were times that i wanted something, REALLY REALLY badly but thankfully my parents didn't give in.

however, i guess my mom and my dad thought it was needed that i learn how well i had it, so they took me to an orphanage in Portugal. I was 7, and at the time I was BEGGING for a hand held tetris game because everyone had me, except me...

I never asked for it again after my visit.

2:00 AM  
Blogger rob said...

Thank you esse.
That helps me with my balancinge act.

5:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home