Wednesday, September 22, 2004

I have been doing a little over at the college(a little more politically charged atmosphere lately but it's good to hear from we the people nontheless) but not much here and I am not abandoning it at all but I just haven't been able to think about poetry other than to come up with some themes I think I'd like to do.I had a break in the work action today finally and I have so much to do for myself and to get ready for another VT winter with lots of snow.Last year I decided I would like winter and oddly enough I did.I think I will try this again.Maybe I'll drop a hit of acid and write a poem in a snowstorm or something for old times sake but probably not.At least don't get your hopes too high.

Scored two great cds today K D Lang "49th Parallel" and Rufus Wainwright "Want One"
I'm real happy with both of them.They'll help me keep in touch with myself.Thanks to you guys for your help too.I'll come see you all to say hi and see what's up soon.I've done a little but not as much as I would like, there is alot going on right now for me.But,my chin is held high and I am enjoying the nice days as the trees are starting to change a little.I love the fall,it's my favorite time I'd have to say.

I'll get something going here soon and try to make it worthwhile.I think I need some comic relief,maybe you too.Maybe an election poemst_rap or something.Anyway,take care and I'll see you later.

Rob

12 Comments:

Blogger Peg said...

Hi Rob,
Yah, leaves are turning here too! And yesterday I noticed even though it was high 70s the air was much different! She is on her way, but fall is sooo worth the winter! The smell is even there and you can smell the rains too!
Hey Poemy, you see any wooley's up your way? What are they telling you bout this winter...seen two so far and by golly they are very wide striped! That's when the smell of soup cooking and bread baking and the windows fogging up that lets you know that somewhere winter is quiet and keeping people close!

9:08 AM  
Blogger boabhan sith said...

I love fall mostly because it's so spicy. It holds good memories for me but, winter isn't bad. I like to get a cup of hot-chocolate and snuggle under a blanket on the couch with the kid...and put my ice-cold feet on my husband at night (he's always so warm).

10:09 AM  
Blogger rob said...

I've seen many wooley booleys up here but I haven't noticed their stripes to be honest with you.I couple of the ones who unfortunately met with the tires on my truck stripes are probably wider than most though.The air in fall is so crisp and clear I love it.The Green Mountains remind me of Trix cereal with their lemon yellows and orange oranges not to mention the cherry reds.I ride around with my head in clouds (should be illegal but I'm still more alert than most)and daydream.It sure is spicy.

2:14 PM  
Blogger Nicman said...

Dude, I want both those albums. I was really interested in the k.d. lang one. All cover songs of Canadian artists, right?

Rufus is way cool too. Been exploring more of his stuff to find out which one I want.

Good to see you back on this side of the tracks.

In the words of Tupac Shakur (the rapper) "keep your head up". I think it means hang in there. LOL (I'm so old)

9:57 PM  
Blogger boabhan sith said...

Wow! I always thought Tupac was damn sexy. I prefer to go with Dr. Dre who said, "Keep their heads ringing."

10:42 AM  
Blogger rob said...

Nic,I'm 99.9% certain I will be down this weekend and I will bring both those cds so you can see what is what.I love them both.I think Rufus is my new main man.I'll call you tonight.

2:39 PM  
Blogger rob said...

It was thirty five years ago today that the Beatles released their last album "Abbey Road".

I thought about it today,I am officially old now.No sense in denying it to myself anymore.Thirty five years ago.

7:14 PM  
Blogger Peg said...

Young and old and oh so bold
doesnt mean the blood runs cold
see and feel and hear and seek
as long as you dont spring a leak
but then again the leak is sprung
and what this music? they could have sung
but who should know what will be best
someone cheated on the test
change in man change in heart
this is what is the main part
okay so words need chanllenged and undermined
gather up the courage and walk the line
and if in doubt you can always run
to the heavens through the s(o)un

New challenge, open ears, new path, watching, scouting,
and the telescope is in check!
Boy, what right we have!!

8:13 AM  
Blogger boabhan sith said...

Aren't antiques worth more? That's how you should look at it...we'll keep you and let the market vallue go up some more before we auction you off.
LOL

9:29 AM  
Blogger rob said...

Depends on the antique,it's all supply and demand.I'm just hitting my prime now.

7:46 PM  
Blogger Nicman said...

Hey boabhan, I thought Tupak was sexy too, hehe.

9:17 PM  
Blogger Peg said...

LOL...speaking of antique, I have an original dick and jane book, well a few anyway! See, spot on rug.
See Mom see spot on rug. See Mom see how spot got on rug. See sweeper. See Mom see kid with sweeper. See kid see Mom see kid with sweeper. See kid smile. See Mom smile. Antique? It's not exactly the way it is--the McGuffey readers are an interesting lot...!And they have to be well over 100's of years...And the blue back speller.
I see Demi Moore is going for more in the knee department, Steve Martin says: Be oblong and have your knees removed!
Must be the battle of wounded knee up next! OOH...a little more off the cap please! Golly, I can't stand the thought of all that pain!! Good night you guys!
:-)

8:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home