Wednesday, August 18, 2004

Lawnmower Special

Riding on a big green sea
I don't know how I could be
Sitting above a spinning blade
Cutting the same that were made
Of earth and water from the sky
From dark clouds that weep and cry

And from beyond a ball of fire burns
It bathes this earth whilst it turns
In it's orbit a slow rotisserie
Without of which we would never be
Able to question or even wonder how
That time exists,this here and now

There's something larger yet not in view
I've no proof just belief it's true
It's not anything that man has said
That plants this notion in my head
I have been born with this seed
Now what remains is to water and feed

Cultivate carefully this budding force
And let it grow outwards towards the source
That I may feel and sense it's power
When in fruition it bears the flower
And holds the seeds for a new generation
To sprout and grow in this awesome creation

the_poemster




2 Comments:

Blogger Peg said...

thanks poemy, I needed that! :-)

1:56 AM  
Blogger rob said...

Your welcome Peg,
After I left I was reminded of that chicken that I had prepared for the dinner table.You know the "chicken with it's head cut off."I'm just kidding I couldn't pass on that one.I don't think I can pass on anyone actually.
I'm glad you liked my lawnmowers special poem though.I think I willl go back and title it.I'll see you later.

5:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home