Friday, August 06, 2004

I'm going to spent a few days kayaking and fishing with my kid.

When I return this blog will cease to exist in it's present form.Anything you wish to grab between now and then please do so.

I have learned enough in the past two months to continue on my path.Presently,I am pointed in a good and positive personal direction and I see little upside in continuing this blog in terms of my needs.That is what lifes about, you and how you filter down to others.I am now going to focus on the real world as I find it much better suited to me than cyber space.My tangible world needs me more than this one does but it took this foray to figure that out so it wasn't wasted at all.

Much of what has happened was because of "effort" or more appropriately the effort I applied in trying to accomplish what I set out to do.It has also been because of my attitude and my capabilities.Nothing more.I will now take the effort I expend here and apply that to what I need to do in the real world.This will in turn filter down to my kids who are the ones most deserving.

If I keep the blog at all it will be a commentless blog from now on.I will post any creative writing that I might write from time to time.I may visit a few of you also and say hello once in awhile so make sure you keep up the good work.

So I could say it's been "real" but it hasn't been,I could say it's been fun but it always hasn't been that so I guess I'll just say it's been what it was and I hope you got a little something out of it like I did.

If at this point you get the feeling that there is no talking me into changing my mind ,I want to give you an A+ for the course,you have learned well.Use the comment box for the purpose of goodbyes only,if you so desire.

Take care of yourselves and I wish you well.

Rob

7 Comments:

Blogger Terrence said...

Rob,

I was great getting to know you and I wish you luck in your future endevours. Don't stop writing you were just getting to find a voice that was truly your.

For the rest of you I would be willing to host up the link for all the people Rob has collected here. It has become a great little comunity and I think that it should be lost.

Feel free to stop by my web site and send me an E-mail if your interested.

Terry
The White Wall
http://mcleans.dnsalias.com/whitewall/

7:11 AM  
Blogger Peg said...

I suppose all good things must not end but venture forward, but you my friend have helped me to see that also. And I too, have now chosen that same path. I have learned from you that I am more than what I appear to be to myself and others, I just needed to open my eyes and look into my heart. I have also learned that I need not be afraid of "things" that I know nothing of.
You have been a great teacher prodding in your own mysterious and subtle ways and I will never forget you, besides I still have your phone number! ;-) Which I hope from time to time I may feel free to use, you never know what "pages" may come out of it.
You, sir, will be a catalyst in the real world also among those you touch and do touch many for the need is so strong.
Write, sing, dance, and take as much as offered so you don't lose out!
You have a beautiful family to cherish and even I know they too cherish you.
You have truly been an angel and a gallant worker of those who have touched your heart and sent you!
Sail On!, My good man and I will be watching you!
All my love from the depths of my heart,
Peg

9:30 AM  
Blogger boabhan sith said...

Parting is such "bitter-sweet" sorrow...
I was hoping you would have at least said it had been fun, but that's just me. We will miss you and your college of the cosmos. I hope you don't give up on that. You are a wise man...and have passed some of it on to others, like myself and all of us here. I know that your family needs you and I'm glad you were able to find in yourself here what we all knew you had there. (I am at a loss of words here...sniff) Please do stop by from time to time, let us know you're good. I'll be praying for you, I found a friend in you that I do not wish to loose. Well, for what it's worth...good luck in all that you do and know that I will always keep you in my prayers...till next time...
email me anytime scoobydubious@cox.net

3:23 PM  
Blogger boabhan sith said...

You should give us your email address...I know I would like to stay in touch from time to time...pretty sure everyone else would as well...just wondering

3:40 PM  
Blogger Sara S said...

what's going on? are you leaving? no more blogs?
I've been away and I'm so confused....

6:59 AM  
Blogger Sara S said...

wow i really can't believe you're just going to disappear like that...i mean i might be taking this too hard but i just find it so hard to believe...probably because i haven't been around because an internet connection isn't always easy to get around here in Portugal..at least not as easy as i'd like it to be...

on the other hand i do wish you all the happiness and you should always do what you're heart desires...

but wow...i was really not expecting this...

good luck non the less and i hope you'll keep in touch...i really do...

I'll be back in Canada on the 11th of August...
hopefully everyone will keep in touch.

lots o love.

esse

7:04 AM  
Blogger anna said...

What a BUMMER, Rob my dude.
I LOST MY OLD DUDE! MY POEMSTER!
Oh what a world, what a world...

Not cool. Not cool at all. I'm very dissapointed.

Poo.

1:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home