Friday, July 23, 2004

I want to let you all in on a little secret.I hope your not too put off.
I must confess,I'm not really a_poemster or should I say I have none of the qualifications that one would expect of a_poemster.I've always had an appreciation for musicians and the way they write lyrics and put them to music.I sense it is the same with all of us here.
I do not play an instrument and I cannot sing to anyone but myself and I am OK with that.But I like the idea of putting my thoughts into words and I try to make it an enjoyable read.I will keep trying to improve.I have been doing this blog since June 1 when I sent a little poem to people who had blogs.Other than in high school I never wrote anything and if you saw my grades in school you would not be impressed at all.Well maybe in the fact that I did graduate if nothing else.

Now I list my qualifications for all new endeavors as being just two things.

1) I breathe in

2) I breathe out.

That's it.When these things cease I will be qualified to only push up daisies,
I'll deal with that then.

The rest is just the desire and the willingness to push your dreams through.And that is what your in for,a constant push.Not this little blog mind you,this is easy,though it takes effort, I like it and that is what makes it easy.You have made this thoroughly enjoyable.If it wasn't for you I would not have kept an interest,that's for sure.

In almost anything you do you will most likely meet with resistance.Wether it is bureaucratic or professional in nature or even from those immediately around you,you will need to constantly weigh and reweigh the decisions you need to take along the way.You may opt to keep going or to quit what you are doing based on many factors.And then, if your like me, you wing it.Let your instincts guide you.

Ideas are funny things and oft times you will not be able to explain to anyone the merits of what you want to do and therefore you will receive very little help or encouragement.Maybe I'm being too kind here,I should say you may meet with some negativity or dismissive attitudes.Weigh and reweigh.That's okay, I knew it going in.

My other ventures I am also unqualified to do as well so I guess at least I have experience there, not that I would have been disuaded at all anyway. I'm not that smart.I want to design clothing and have a line of goods.I have set my sights high but I don't care if I'm the only one who wears them.I have been dealing with trademarks and embroiderers and store buyers and the reaction conservatively is 90% positive.Now I even want to make the clothes myself.If you haven't by now thought I was nuts this should do it.It also has been a thoroughly enjoyable experience even though it hasn't been easy.

10 Comments:

Blogger sarah said...

you wanna let me in on how to link people on my site? :) is it called blog-rolling? i need HELP! i'm HTML disabled.

10:28 PM  
Blogger Nicman said...

lol........I never could roll a blog!!!!

10:48 PM  
Blogger Nicman said...

I'm Back.

Thanks Rob, did what you said and POOF! It was all good with my blog!I even tried your link and it worked.

Coolness indeed! :)

10:52 PM  
Blogger boabhan sith said...

They're right...you should go for your dreams. You can call me crazy, but maybe one day I'll be a famous author. If my English teacher heard me say that...she'd faint. I was always good at grammar, but I can't spell worth anything. Hurray for spell check!
GO for your dreams dude!
OH, and I don't want to hear you calling yourself dumb or implying that you aren't worth your salt again, buddy! Me and Peg will have to get the belt, young man.
lol

10:59 PM  
Blogger rob said...

I love it when a plan comes together.
Good work

11:00 PM  
Blogger rob said...

This isn't really one of those big earth shattering catacalysmic human race can't do without dreams.This is a lark,I think it just manages to cross over the stupid line into coolness.That is why I like it.It is just a symbol much like,in fact it is an americanized version of ying/yang to me.I've talked to many people and they (90%) smile and think it's pretty cool.That's what spurs my interest the fact that it is fun and lightens the mood.

11:08 PM  
Blogger rob said...

I owe alot to you and Peg,Boabhan, you both have done so much and I (like those glasses on the billboard in "The Great Gatsby")see and also really appreciate your efforts to reach out to others.I know it comes easy for the two of you also.I wish you success in your dreams and goals too and hope I am able to both witness and support from not to far away your realisation of them.
I don't have a complex really.I hope my tongue-in-cheekiness comes through as intended.I can't be sure always that it does.If I have a problem it very well is that I think too much of myself.180% away from my youth.I stay away from those 360's your husband was telling of these days.I like to keep my undies clean too.

11:31 PM  
Blogger Peg said...

(not) just a smile!

5:46 AM  
Blogger rob said...

OK RW,I'll introduce a special 360 edition just for you.
You reminded me of a workmate from the Bronx I used to know.We were coming back from the diner at lunchtime and he was driving his car (always a big mistake)(another Chrysler only blue)down a one way street and we were coming up to a line of 4 cars stopped at a red light at an intersection doing 40 mph.As we got closer it became apparent that there was no freekin way we could stop in time.At this corner was a pharmacy and a bunch of people standing waiting for a bus,the sidewalk was extra deep there.Twenty feet away from the line of cars I'm yelling at him and he cuts the wheel drives on to the sidewalk spits on the people waiting for the bus and then without looking because we are still doing 40 miles per hour runs right through the red light at the intersection.Procedes to the building we were working on and does donuts in the street and stopped traffic there for a while.He did so many absolutely crazy things and his father was the job superintendant no less.I have so many sick sick stories of this guy's antics,you talk about your ying and yangs this guy was on the dark side all the time.His father was crazy too and that's where he got from.I'm tempted to track him down and see if he's still alive or behind bars.

6:43 AM  
Blogger rob said...

This thing I'm doing really required that I have a screw loose if you catch my drift.

10:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home