Sunday, July 18, 2004

Social Security Rap


Poemsta's on his high horse
Wansta start a discourse
An attempt to try to force
Congress to see us as the source
Of the monies that are spent
Remind em it ain heaven sent
See SS funds aren't lent
In ways that try to circumvent
What once was a good intent
If it ain broken den it's badly bent
They haven't saved a single cent
Don't even know where it went
Sorry, dog, gotta vent
All dis shit dat be pent
In the mind of this ol gent
I'll try now to the extent
With this rap I wrote
To address this sour note
And the time I devote
That I'll work to promote
The idea that we use our vote
Get them in the peoples boat
Instead of the one they put afloat
The special one that we all tote
While they wear their sable coat
And the attitude it does denote
They just sit back and gloat
This from me you can quote
Man, does it ever get my goat
Wipe right off that silly grin
And never mind the stupid spin
Cut right through the numbing din
Let them take it on the chin
Get some dirt on their soft skin
And let them "opt their ass back in"
Earnestly they'll then begin
To repair this sham and this sin
Although it may take many days
To get you started through this maze
This I think is a good first phase
One that'd be worthy of some praise
I hope that on our minds it stays
Until phase 2 and their next raise

the_poemsta

6 Comments:

Blogger anna said...

man, I'm all for saving SS.
I pay into it.
I pay into it significantly.
I'm appalled at how much of my paycheck goes into it.

And to know that it's all going to someone else, right now, and I may never see a dime of that money?

It hurts, man. It hurts.

9:10 PM  
Blogger Nicman said...

Hey Folks, I blew up my blog, have no idea what I did, but all this info in My Template is mising and nothing appears. I think I'm gonna delete it and start another.
I will be in touch.

9:12 PM  
Blogger Nicman said...

ROB

I don't have your Email, what is it? Mine is NICMAN612@aol.com, send me a short note and I'll add you to my address book.

9:16 PM  
Blogger rob said...

I noticed that it seemed to not work Nicman.
Put it back and maybe the stuff is still stored on blogger so all will not be lost.

Anna,believe me I know I have to pay my share and the employers share since I am one and the same.That's 15% and it bites.

9:16 PM  
Blogger anna said...

oh, blown-up blogs are generally relatively easy to fix.
you probably have a snippet that's not closed or something. That's usually what it is. Look through your template for an opening tag without a corresponding < / tag.
Or you may know this already and I'm insulting your intelligence or something, which I assure you is unintended.

Just trying to help.

12:44 AM  
Blogger Peg said...

Poemy, I like it....not sure where to tweek it's a do-r! But too cool and yeah another jet warmer, if i may be so bold!?
yeah nicman i noticed you were vacant!
and hey there inky, and when i did the linky I must have hit a kinky cause you come up really slinky!!! HELP...what did i do when i linked to you?
see what you started poemster, now I have rhyme ittis!
oh wo is everyone! ;-{}

9:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home