Thursday, July 15, 2004

Presidential_Poemsta Rap
(This ones for Libby for her appreciation of the first poemsta_rap )
(sing as rap music,any rap music)


Poemsta for president
In 2008
I would run this year
But it's a little too late
Get rid a da Senate
Put da House on da street
Jus me an da poemsta gang
We could't be beat
We'd still need two parties
But not the same kind
One before, one after
No one would mind
Rewrite the Constitution
An make it all rhyme
Den add some music
It be right on time
Make da United Nations
A multi-cultural band
With many mucho instruments
I know it'd sound grand
When da udda countries
Hear dis cool new mix
Dey'll wanna get together
Yea,even da dicks
Do something useful
Instead of da killin
Dance to da hip hop
Den we be chillin
In da UK we got Inky
She's our Tony Blair
Alot better looking
With much longer hair
My VP be Libby
To help carry da sout
An let me know when
To shut my big mout
Secretary of State
I have to name Peg
We'll call her to action
To put da tap on da keg
Sec of Defense
Of course, da Rogue Wit
He ain gonna put up
Wit too much bullshit
My Chief of Staff
Will be da nicman
He'll plan his work
Den work his plan
How about anna
I'll need an intern
And at seventeen
She may be eager to learn
For Poet Laureat
If she's up to da fight
I'll ask that esse
Turn dark into light
If Boabhan Sith
Would be my Karen Hughes
To keep me straight
And give me da cues
Ta hit da ground running
Cut more of yo taxes
Den I say we
Fire up dem sax's
An play dem guitars
Bang on dose drums
An get rid of all
Dose arrogant bums
Eight years dog
It'd be just great
Den say President Libby...
Yo,for another eight

13 Comments:

Blogger Peg said...

Amen Brother!

8:03 AM  
Blogger rob said...

Hi Inky,
I didn't feel like thinking so I figured I'd do something fun.It was late and I hadn't posted anything for a few days and well, this came together pretty well and I did have fun.Thanks for the comment, it's nice when others think it's worthwhile.(I don't know if I really mean "worthwhile.")
More importantly I sure hope your feeling better now.
I'll keep checking on you sister.
Rob

12:42 PM  
Blogger boabhan sith said...

I'm going to have to remember to have my government class check out the poem.
The poemster can still rhyme with the best of 'em!

6:33 PM  
Blogger Terrence said...

Good one, Very strange but that's what drew me here in the first place.

10:01 PM  
Blogger rob said...

And here I am thinking it's a good idea.

8:20 AM  
Blogger Nicman said...

Play That Funky Music Whiteboy!!!!!

11:29 AM  
Blogger rob said...

Hey nic,
It's lunchtime and I'm thinkin' Elvis Costello and "The Angels Wann Wear My Red Shoes" at high volume probably more than once.

11:48 AM  
Blogger Nicman said...

dude!, i found E.C. doing the Beatles'song "You've got to hide your love away",(not bad, not phenomenal) but then I found a duet he did w/Lucinda Williams of the Rolling Stones song "Wild Horses" We're talking "gooses bumps" man!!! You gotta hear it.

p.s. Dar Williams and Shawn Colvin are coming to The Palace Theater, Stamford, CT. in November......tell Jayne.

10:30 PM  
Blogger rob said...

Goose bumps as in gaggle type goose bumps?I love goose bumps.Can't wait to hear it.You da bes C of S ever Nic.
We gotta get you on Meet the Press w/Tim Russert on Sunday morning.

9:31 AM  
Blogger anna said...

Dar Williams and Shawn Colvin.

I hate you.
Really.
They never come around here.

5:52 PM  
Blogger rob said...

I'll go and ask them nicely if they can come and see you.The Palace used to be a movie theater in my home town, anna.It will be good to see them there tho.

7:30 PM  
Blogger Lisa said...

You are cracking me up! You are so awesome!!!!

5:08 PM  
Blogger rob said...

I'm real happy that you liked it Libby.I wrote it because you liked the first rap and asked for another one.I even thought as I was typing it that it was OK so that's pretty good for me.It really becomes very satisfying when I hear that it makes everybody laugh.If another idea pops into my head for something funny I'll bust anotha rhyme.It's fun.
Rob

8:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home