Wednesday, July 21, 2004

There are some new links over to the right and some old ones have been disappearing because of nonparticipation or not maintaining their own blog.If you are disinterested then chances are good so are others.
My "Ahsk not" quote was a subtle warning.Sorry to be a prick but I even went on about that too.Being a prick is important too.I actually think it is an attribute.As long as it's fair.
I am usually quite fair.But not always.Some will get different treatment for reasons beknownst only to me.
If I am wrong or you disagree you can tell me.
(remember Darth Vader saying "Perhaps you think you are being treated unfairly" to Billy Dee Williams in "Star Wars" Billy Dee says "No.")
Man, I love that line.I use it when I have to.
Seriously, if I made a mistake let me know I will put you back up.I'll even send you some Cosmos gear.

I appreciate excellence or at least an effort to achieve it.
My particular area of excellence is not writing so I will settle for trying.
Again, I am learning so much from all of you and I still believe in what you are doing.It's just that we might not be a good fit together, it is nothing personal I assure you.Most everyone here has made a great effort and has made a big difference to someone else.I see it and the evidence of it even though some of the evidence is now gone.I also feel it.

I personally try to keep up to date and also get to know newcomers by reading archives but time is a factor for all of us so....do what you can or feel like doing.....and as always with everything in life be willing to accept the repercussions that stem from those decisions.
I have seen so much talent that I just feel so humble and happy you have chosen to share some of it with me.
To me, this is a place where people are making some time for each other for whatever reason exploring the common ground we're on and then showing great respect and sensitivity for what others are going through in their lives.It may very well be "The Warmest Place on the Web."Nothing is required except some sort of abstract willingness to be part of it that you are free to customize.A minimum is necessary.
Membership has it's rewards.
Rob (or at least Rob's prick side)




12 Comments:

Blogger Peg said...

'at last the poet does speak his mind and conjure the dead to awake if not for time and lack of air it all would be a mistake. but not the quest that tarried near
and those with a sightful glance did we all become as one and not perhaps by chance'

what the hell did you expect, it's almost 4 am! ;-)
nighty night all and when you see the sun in the morning and maybe a bit too early, you can throw your pillow at me...I sent him! :-)

2:39 AM  
Blogger Terrence said...

Rob,

I think you have a good point. You are trying to create a little community here and if you don't participate then you aren't really part of it anyway. I know it is hard sometimes to keep up on things like posting comments to others blogs and entries to your own, in those cases I don't thing its unreasonable to state why to your friends in your community.

I think this is a good move to keep the link of good quality. If someone comes here and finds quite a few blogs on the links haven't been updated for a long while he's not going to bother with the rest.

Just by being present doesn't make you part of the community

Terry

6:59 AM  
Blogger rob said...

I know, it's not easy Terry.
That's why I would put any link right back up,all they need to do is ask.But how would they know if they are not reading?I do this thing where I readily admit that I was wrong usually before the person gets the words or indictment out of their mouth.You should see the look of surprise I get more often than not.They don't know what to do,they were gearing up for an argument.Sorry to let them down but I got less important things to do.
Oh that reminds me to do a post on less important things.
Thanks Terry

7:18 AM  
Blogger anna said...

Ah, Peg, I didn't see that you had a comment addressed to me until today.
Links, eh?
< a href="http://inkyblob.blogspot.com" target="new" >Inky< /a>

Just take out the spaces in the bracket thingamawangs. The tartet="new" thing, you can take out; it just makes the page you're linking to pop up in a new window.

If you need more help e-mail me

9:55 AM  
Blogger Peg said...

Yipeeeeee ANNA, you're a saint!! Got her in there now! Thanks bunches!!! *hugs and kisses* ;-)

10:24 AM  
Blogger Peg said...

okay Poemy, (my pet name for you, you don't mind do you? am not trying to be disrespectful) going for the "JAVA" and not to be confused with coffee! I'll take you at your word, and will holler loudly! (hopefully I won't need it!) Anna you will no longer be a tiny corner in my screen! ;-)Oh and your emai comes up as an error for me, it probably is me cause my computer knows I know nothing and tricks me all the time, but just thought I'd let you know!
Fingers and toes crossed...hey I hear some blues coming from hubby's office and you know what that means don't ya? ;-)

10:32 AM  
Blogger rob said...

What kind of blues, Peg?
I am going to play some blues right now before I go back to work.
"Led Zeppelin Since I've Been Loving You"
It's 12:40 PM See if you can hear it.

11:40 AM  
Blogger rob said...

Stellar

11:43 AM  
Blogger sarah said...

oh... i represent baby... i represent. :)

i still don't know how to LINK PEOPLE THOUGH!

12:00 PM  
Blogger boabhan sith said...

Okay...I saw that I was still up on your links, but I want some of that Cosmos gear. (big pout!)
I think as contributing members to our online community...bla bla bla and some more legal-like jargon...that we all deserve to share in the spoils if there are any.
*wink*wink*

4:08 PM  
Blogger rob said...

Inky,
I would kick myself off of here before I would erase you.You don't ever have to post anything ever again and I would never.......ever.......even think of erasing your blogs.

Boabhan,
I've got to design the Cosmos logo.
I will keep you in the loop,for sure.

4:44 PM  
Blogger Peg said...

Led Zepplin has some good blues and some slinky blues, when hubby plays blues booging time begins! ;-)
INKY...where have you been? and why didn't you tell your mother, Peg, and your father, Poemy? ;-) Gonna have to punish you with the wet noodle device (just so abuse won't be officially declared ya know!) Hey, dear one, glad you are back!!! Don't ya just love those scoldings!!!! Always makes my heart melt!!! :-)

9:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home