Friday, July 23, 2004

Somedays I feel a little low and today is one of those days.
I awoke with a song in my head by Willie Nelson called "The Lucky Ol Sun"

Up in the morning
Out on the job
Work like the devil
For my pay
And the lucky ol sun
Ain't got nothin to do
Cept roll around heaven all day

Fuss with my woman
Too old for my kids
Sweat till I'm wrinkled and grey
But the lucky ol sun
Aint got nothin to do
But roll around heaven all day

Lord above can't you see I'm cryin
Tears are in my eyes
Send down a cloud
With a silver lining
Take me to paradise

Show me that river
Lead me across
Take all my troubles away
Like the lucky ol sun
I'll have nothin to do
But roll around heaven all day


He performs this song in a way I can't describe except you can feel his pain.
It coddles the sliver of me that sometimes wants to just give up.
I know,stop babying yourself poemster and get that "Theme From Rocky" playing again and I know I will.

7 Comments:

Blogger Peg said...

Thanks poemy, I needed that, too!

A gem among all the gems wouldn't shine as bright
as the stars that are present in this site
and they dance and sing of the follies of life
each one to their own and their own strife
and as we round the next(est) of bends
we ll come away blessed as the best(est)of friends
all my love,
Peg

9:52 AM  
Blogger Lisa said...

Cheer up Rob! Smile! We all love ya. :)

12:40 PM  
Blogger Lisa said...

Peg, that was beautiful!

12:41 PM  
Blogger rob said...

Hey uh,it's the_poemsta ya know?
I uh wanna thank you both ya know?
for uh bein so uh so nice an all ya know?
I'm uh pretty good now ya know?

Next time uh I'll do a Sean Connery impression for uh
ya dere Libby ya know?
Hey uh Peg I'm uh gonna start workin out uh ya know with uh words ya know so's I can uh keep up ya know?

3:03 PM  
Blogger rob said...

I'm am going to track that down the Frankie Lane version,Karen.I'm never in a rush to dispell those feelings though I kind of wallow in them for a while neck deep.I remember when Chariots of Fire came out it is inspiring music for sure.The Rocky theme has always been able to pump me up and the movie was just such a simple production but just had such a raw appeal to me.I might rent it tonight actually.
"Eh uh, Adrienne,Dis turtle food got more moths den flies ya know?"
That's the same kind of crap I'd say if I was trying to get in fresh with a girl.Total horseshit,I can't even help my self I'm such an idiot most times.

4:06 PM  
Blogger sarah said...

who luvs ya daddy?

5:25 PM  
Blogger rob said...

I know that I'm kinda partial to me but I might be biased.

6:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home