Monday, August 09, 2004

Thanks to everyone for the nice comments,I'm happy to say you all get A+'s but if I grade on a curve I'll have to figure out what that will mean.

My weekend started on friday with me and Tommy driving the 3 plus hours to CT. to meet up with my father-in-law and take in a baseball game in Bridgeport,Ct.Tommy's first professional and only my second ever.My father-in-law is a great guy and we get along good as long as we don't discuss religion so I don't do it.We were both born on April 2 so we have certain traits that are similar and by rights we shouldn't get along at all.(my brother and nephew are also born then so I know believe me)I figure if you go back 9 months chances are we were conceived on July 4th and alcohol was partly if not mainly responsible for me being here.What a shocker,huh?

Saturday was not a great day to go out kayaking so we just went to the beach and looked for life along the shoreline as it was lowtide to boot.I showed him the house we lived in for the month after he was born.

I made up for it by taking Tommy and Caroline to the Norwalk Maritime Center and Aquarium and then they didn't want to leave so I had to bribe them with the gift shop and Baskin-Robbins ice cream because we can't find that in here in Vermont.

I got alot of rest which apparently I needed, I mean I moved up to VT so I could slow down some.

I drove home alone and all day today was spent driving around picking up materials and such for the upcoming weeks so I had time to think about what I want to do here and I keep coming up with a basic plan I had layed out awhile ago for myself to try to do more by doing less.It's working for OPEC so I figure I should be able to do it too.I may embrace and in fact extend this model to see if I can achieve even more still by doing nothing,should be interesting if nothing else.

So esse's coming back on the 11 and anna's back now,if I can keep it to just a little time every few days maybe then less will actually be more and I can balance everything I need to do for survival in this crazy-ass world and do a little here and keep in contact.

Thanks again,you're the best cyber-friends a poemster could have.

Rob







10 Comments:

Blogger Nicman said...

Hey Rob,

Missed you at the Colony Grill on Thursday, we had pizza all around. It was good to see Jayne and Caroline. I got Caroline to give me "the face". She is definately her father's daughter!!! Glad you had a good weekend. Talk to ya soon!

5:01 PM  
Blogger Peg said...

I give up! *Peg throws up her arms and picks up the unused protion of Advil* More for less, less for more? I feel as if I just attended my annual shopping quest at Di'Aldrenedees! I need a translator in every language I try to comprehend!
Oh! Where have I gone wrong, oh where!?
I too, dear fella, am the product of "unwanted" situations but my started with a bad rubber production, but in them days they didn't compensate with recalls!
Please help me to understand fully the rhyme and reasons of the seasons or I shall be forever stuck in midstream without my goolashes! :-[
OH, glad to see you had a wonderful week-end and that your typewriter still has ink left in it! Welcome back, dear one! :-)

7:19 PM  
Blogger Peg said...

Hey, Nicman?

Went into see Guy Michael...duh only took me 10 days to figure out who he was...gotta learn how to use the mouse to go forward, back, left and right! Ah, never mind! But I LIKE HIM...hmm...gonna listen somemore and can I link him in? Maybe I should ask him? I hate to usurp my authority over anyone by assuming I can just link whomever I please, but maybe that is the proper etiquette in here, I really don't know. So let me know, kay?

7:23 PM  
Blogger Zerosleep said...

sorry to see you go rob. sorry i haven't been around more lately, but only having a couple weeks to concentrate on kristin before our three month absence, and then not having much online ability before school starts again sort of took me out a bit. good luck in your travels. just remember, even if you stray off of the path you were following, you're still on the path where you belong.

7:43 PM  
Blogger boabhan sith said...

I just knew you couldn't keep a good man down...I think all of us are going to be slowing down over the next while for one reason or another. I start school in two weeks and will be posting less also. I'm glad you and you kiddos had a good time. My daughter loves aquariums...I'm sure they're going to remember these happenings in the best of memories for all time. There's nothing in this world like a good father; anyone can be a daddy.

10:19 AM  
Blogger Peg said...

I thought I should link from the poemster's site
cause I thought maybe he would take it outta sight
and I figured Id grab maybe one or two
or at least the ones I thought I knew
but when I went in I started linking more
who would I keep and who would I ignore
even though there are some I am closer too
just seeing you everyday I felt I knew you too
I have to link all cause Ive seen you once or twice
even those I havent seen, well the poemster thought you were nice
so thats good enough for me cause hes a helluva guy
many times he made me laugh and sometimes he made me cry
and even though the time has changed each go seperate in our way
we will still be like a family and we ll take the time to say
so thank you Mr Poemy and all your abundant energy
cause no one will ever be more thankful than just plain little ole me
I love you poemy and even if I don't completely understand you, don't feel bad, I don't understand me either! ;-)

12:10 PM  
Blogger rob said...

Hi Nic,
The face is awesome isn't it.Always invokes a response.
They brought home some Colony pie for me.
Sorry I missed you.

Hey PB,
I know you are busy these days.Thanks for the comment.

Hello Inky,
Hope everythings good on your end.
There will defininetly be less quantity but no gaurantees on quality however.Had to fire quality control personel.

Hi Peg,
Yea,It's hard to ice anybody,that's why I figured I'd just ice myself,it's just easier.

Hi Boabhan,
Back to school so soon? Man I used to get so depressed when that happened.Good luck,though.

Rob

3:50 PM  
Blogger anna said...

I'm a senior in a week and a half. *shudders* Ready as I am to be done with high school, it's still rather terrifying.

3:13 PM  
Blogger rob said...

Hi Anna,
You'll be more comfortable when you are a freshman again the year after.Vicious cycle.

6:34 PM  
Blogger Sara S said...

okay okay okay I'm back. Now everyone, BACK THE BLOG TRUCK UP!

First I'd like to say it's good to be back (sort of, coming home wasn't exactly a highlight due to all the memories etc. but what the hell am I supposed to do?) So Rob, if I understand correctly, you'll stay, but not so much? That I can deal with and understand, and even if you decided to leave completely, I'd still have to deal with and understand. Ultimately, you know best and no one can really say otherwise.

It's good that you'll be around. I'm happy, and hopefully I'll talk to you soon.

Take care

Sara

8:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home