Sunday, October 10, 2004

I wish to thank a woman
I hope she’s not a myth
For making all those apples
Thank you Granny Smith

I bought a dozen of your apples
They were locally grown
It was nice to hear that
I prefer that to being flown

They were good sized apples
And the color it was green
A waxy coating gave them
An inviting pearly sheen

I haven’t been very happy
With most apples as of late
But I was glad I bought these
Because they tasted great

Tomorrow I’ll return to
The liitle country store
Where I bought your apples
And I’ll purchase more.

Thanks Granny

2 Comments:

Blogger Peg said...

OOh OOh OOH! I too, love the tangy taste of Granny SMith's...they are great carmeled, and in pies, applesauce and dipping in carmel sauce and just plain munching!!
I bet she would be proud of your little dity to the sweet ole bitty...*winky, winky Granny*

1:55 PM  
Blogger boabhan sith said...

The green ones are the greatest...I just can't deal with those sweet red ones...I like 'em sour!

10:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home