Wednesday, October 06, 2004

I watched that movie Wonder Boys the other day and one scene keeps coming back to me.It's the one where Michael Douglas and Robert Downey are riding in a car to find the Ford Fairlane 500 that Vernon stole back from M.D.

my best recollection is:

Douglas: Something he said eluded to the fact that it might be his car.

Downey: What did he say?

Douglas: That's my car motherfucker!

I love the well placed curseword,myself.Overuse is bullshit, but ah, the well placed curseword is magical in and of itself.It can take an ordinary,uninteresting statement and make it something that sticks with you and makes you chuckle when your by yourself or maybe in a public place such as in line at a bank.That's my car.See,it doesn't work at all.It is not memorable.That's my car,motherfucker!And say it like this.That's my car....moth..a...fuck..a! See what I mean?Beautiful.

2 Comments:

Blogger boabhan sith said...

I like the word "damn."
It's like the word "dude," in a sence that it can mean different things depending on the inflection in your tone...It's got to be the one I use the most.
LOL

10:16 AM  
Blogger Peg said...

SHeeeeeeit is my favorite and it can linger as long as it will!! ;-) :-)

2:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home