Monday, November 29, 2004

life is a game you don't win
you are screwed before you begin
still it's meant to be played
and one should not be dismayed
by the stupidity of the rules
or in competing with fools
for a share of the joy
hooo boy oh boy
it could drive one to drink
but then I stop and I think
I'm OK. It's not so bad
I'm really never that sad
And I get up each day
I reenter the fray
sometimes disoriented and dizzy
and very very busy
leaving behind things I've lost
no matter what the cost
nor whether verb or a noun
they can't drag me down
no, I'll forge ahead towards my goals
and when my bell tolls
it should really be Okay
cause they can take me away
in a grandiose style
while wearing a smile
to my last next big test
just when I thought I might rest

1 Comments:

Blogger boabhan sith said...

...and the poemster strikes again!
I like it...Life is like a hockey game.
Everyone loves it when a player gets his teeth knocked out except the one it happens too.

12:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home