Tuesday, December 07, 2004

December 22
The years shortest day
I look forward to getting
it out of the way
It starts to get dark
a little after 4
I don't know about you
but I know I like more
of those hours of daylight
and the bone warming heat
what can I say?
I guess I am beat

What am I doing in VT anyway?I didn't even like CT winters so much.
Seriously though I don't mind it so much.I suppose I really even like it up until after New Years day and then maybe a few assorted days after that.

We got a little snow yesterday and the road to the store up the hill was pretty slick.I put my studded snow tires on and went up the hill and only made it up halfway.I wound up in a culvert and had to get yanked out by the kid that does donuts endlessly in the road not far from where I live.It sucked.Guess it was a lesson for me.Sliding off the road up here can have disasterous consequences as there aren't too many guardrails between you and impending doom.

I'm putting tire chains on my Christmas list.

2 Comments:

Blogger boabhan sith said...

...and that is precisely why I have my husband drive me around when it's snowing or slick outside. He likes it.

10:32 AM  
Blogger Peg said...

We call them donuts, brodies in my part of the world...I agree, the north stinks when it comes to winter, although I do like snow; you know I have decided I am just one big walking oxy- MORON!
Be careful there sir!

3:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home