Saturday, December 18, 2004

So I buy this Honda snow....thrower. They are no longer called snowblowers.

That's understandable.

You don't want, on a subconscience level,to give the impression your product blows,right?

I started to read the propag....er...ah....brochure after I got the thing home (that's right after I already bought it then I read the literature just for the fun of it)(that's not really as screwed up as it sounds,never buy something because of what it says in a brochure) and basically it touted all the strong points of the machine and why it is the best overall choice for the task at hand.

Honda makes great motors and so far this thing does start on one pull everytime although it has not yet seen any "throwable' snow to date.

The brochure describes an early morning snowfall and an ambitious happy faced parent up early clearing the driveway so the family can get out and do some sledding. Not to worry the quite motor won't wake up the kids or the neighbor.

No, not till I take the muffler off it won't.

Anyhow the machine handles the task with aplomb and even leaves you pining for next snowstorm.

They don't say how long it takes for the novelty to wear off though.

How stupid.

It is for reasons like this I'll promote all my current and future endeavors with honesty and integrity.

I'm seriously thinking of using a bunch of curse words too.

5 Comments:

Blogger Peg said...

*giggling away here* It kinda coincides with the lady in the yellow chiffon dress being hauled up (gracefully) by a rope to the lemon Pledge treehouse to do her dusting...and everybody at my house knows that mom gets out her Helen Housewife holey stetch pants and painted on tee, with hair flung up off the neck in a Menonite-type of bun, no bra, no socks, and definitely no make-up--to then be drenched in sweat! And damned but someone, somewhere needs me to answer the door for them!

And back to Honda, if I am not mistaken Honda also has the quietest motor on gas powered generators.

7:59 AM  
Blogger rob said...

As we lose power up here a few times a year (at least) I was eyeballing those generators too. It seems every model of whatever Honda I want runs about 2500 hundred.
Too bad I don't really wish buy to one of their cars.
Honda is a good company because they don't produce junk.
I like that. Toyoto too.

8:31 AM  
Blogger Peg said...

We picked up a pretty decent generator about 4 or so years ago, I think for about 5 or 6 hundred on sale and it is one noisey bugger, but I have always gave it a salute when we ran out of electricity, cold or warm weather. Hubby wired us up so that we can run the generator for the entire house if need be or half the house. It is pretty cool that way, especially if I have the freezer stocked with meat. And we have a gas stove, furnace (not real crazy about that) and gas water heater, so come elec or nil we still have it all!
Yahoo for generators!

10:48 PM  
Blogger rob said...

Repeat after me

Gas is gooooood

Right up until the time one get asphyxiated by carbon monoxide or blown sky high by an explosion.

I worked for a plumber in my twenties and did a three year aprenticeship along with the classroom time. We had a falling out and at the same time I did not really want to become a plumber and do nothing but plumbing.

What I am saying is I have most of the knowledge with none of the unsightly buttcrack normally associated with plumbers.

Heating cost are as follows.

Oil heats cheapest

Then Gas

Then electric

Normally this has been the case although I'm sure the gaps have been closed with crude oil rising in price.

The underlying commonality they all have is that they all suck only in different ways. Wood chips and holes in the ground. That's where I am going.

7:30 AM  
Blogger Peg said...

I rented a house in my early 20s that had oil heat...it killed all my plants and I must say I liked it the least of all heats. I also lived in an all electric house good for clean, but you can get easily electricuted when you least expect it! Gas, is not clean either and well yes we had some leakage problem, eeeh ghast! I stayed in a house that used wood in their furnace, my only problem there is asthma problems and allergies to trees...but I love the smell of cherry wood burning and it seems okay for me and mine, but can you imagine the expense????? We have to sell the house so we could heat it! ;-)
My sister used steam heat and I guess that was pretty decent in winter as far as it gave moist heat but sometimes damp heat makes you feel colder, alas...what does one do? I still want solar paneled, windmill and a generator that stores sunlight for the days when there is no sun....Oh what do I know???
Forge On!

10:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home