Thursday, January 06, 2005

All work and no play makes me not able to blog much but I do have some time tonight.

We finally have gotten a little snow I guess there is about six or seven inches out there and I did get to try out my new snowthrower. It worked well and not only did it not wake up the neighbors but it didn't wake me up either. Well, not until I hit on a snag and the handlebar jabbed me just above my groin. Damn. I gotta wear a cup and then some next time.

Last year we had a total of nine feet of snowfall where I live and so far this year it's been real light with only some measly flurries and above average temps. We'll see what happens from here on in.

Tommy got to stay home from school today and I'm always happy for him when this occurs.

I used to love it as a kid but it used to drive my mom nuts. I liked it especially when the city was "paralyzed" and nobody could go anywhere. No school,no work, maybe just walk around on the streets and see an occasional snowmobile or a cop chasing a snowmobile. Spoilsports.

Too many spoilsports in this world.

2 Comments:

Blogger boabhan sith said...

It's not the snow around here...it's the damned ice!
It was down to like 8* last night and that's not including the "wind chill."
...and yet, we're supposed to be back in the 60's next week...I don't know what the Hell is wrong with the weather this year.
It's crappy!

3:55 PM  
Blogger Peg said...

I hear both of you! We have had snow, rain, hail, sleet, snow, rain, sleet, bikini weather and all in the same week!
There is a theory a friend of mine is working on and it has to do with jet trails and deposits of certain chemicals being "cast out" into the atmosphere!
And then there is another theory, another friend of mine is researching and that is that the government is "toying" with the weather with kind of the same chemical process that the first friend is researching.
Me?, I need Doc Logic to come about and give his opinion! Wonder what he would know about it.?

5:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home