Saturday, January 15, 2005

How was your day?

I really don’t much like this question when it comes down to it.
For a number of reasons that I suppose make no sense in going into. I mean like, what the hell does it matter anyway.

If something good happened chances are I’ll tell you and if something bad happened I’m probably still reconciling the thing and don’t want to talk about it anyway.

So, if I had my druthers, nobody would ask me “How was my day?”

Oh, I may have given the impression I just had a bad day, huh?
Well I didn’t.

I went to the principals’ office for a meeting with my son’s teacher and it went well and I got the impression that they are as on top of the situation as possible. It is a case of boys being boys as they say.
They are aware of the fact that my son is extremely sensitive and encouraging is the fact that we are in total agreement as to the causes and remedies involved in keeping things running smoothly.

They are both caring and professional people and I feel fortunate to have them in the positions that they are in.

Birthday party tomorrow for one of Tommy’s classmates, actually his girlfriend and we have a little hobby store up the road from us.
It’s out in the middle of nowhere set up of the people’s residence.

He sold “HO” style-racing cars and I figured as tonight is pizza night and my wife has to work we would make use of the racetrack I bought some years ago. I bought two NASCAR trucks and I was surprised to see Caroline at three do so well. She really liked it and was laughing a lot.
It soon turned out that we had a race fan amongst us. A four legged one at that. Our kitty cat found great sport in chasing down the cars like mice. We laughed; it was another great night.

How come nobody ever asks, “How was your night”?

4 Comments:

Blogger Peg said...

Great!! I am so glad all turned out well at school! Kinda helps you breath easy when you know there is a solution and it is in the works!!
Sounds like you had a really great night too! I love it when the family smiles with one another and shares the best parts of themselves!! It's just too cool for words!

8:15 PM  
Blogger boabhan sith said...

Amen to that...nights are mostly always better.
I'm glad you've had a good one.

11:24 AM  
Blogger Lisa said...

Wow, it finally let me sign in and leave a comment. Yeah! Sounds like y'all had a lot of fun. I love remote-controlled cars. They rule!

3:40 PM  
Blogger Peg said...

Thanks Poemy...I hope this week, well best not to get my hopes up too high then the fall isn't quite so far down! ;-)
Maybe I should take up knitting...it's quiet and you can make really neat things and if you get "pricked" it's from your own doing!! ;-)

10:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home